rMBP resale value in the UK

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by OMGwtfBBQwings, Dec 11, 2012.

1. OMGwtfBBQwings macrumors regular

to fellow brits,

if i buy a base model 15" macbook pro with the 14% discount that i am entitled to within the next month and get the free 3 year warranty/1 year telephone help that comes with it.

do you reckon i'll get anywhere near the £1550 i will pay for now come next sept/october or whenever the haswell version comes out or even the 2nd gen rmbp.

i really need a new laptop. current one is dying. but can only afford the base which is not ideal as i would like 16gb and 512gb min and may be able to afford in the future depending on resale value and prices coming down(hopefully)

just want insight from fellow students/enthusiasts that have past experience in selling macbook pros etc.

i have checked ebay and currently there are lots of rMBPs with just 6/7 months warranty going for around 1350/1400. how much value would 3years warranty/1 year phone add?

thanks

p.s. i am student in london so i get 14/15% discount and have been working part time in the past few months/not drinking as much/drinking tesco value beer to afford this hahahaa.

p.p.s. do cMBPs or macbook airs or any other apple laptop hold its value better than the rMBP? i dont mind using something else if it means i save/recoup more moniessssssss.

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Truly an Advent sacrifice. :( For Christmas have a proper pint. :D

3. OMGwtfBBQwings thread starter macrumors regular

its not that bad. though i did lose vision in my left eye for a few minutes on one occaison back in september but its ok now :)

btw. how is your rmbp treating you? nice specs too

4. OMGwtfBBQwings thread starter macrumors regular

5. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

We love our rMBPs. We will getting ATDs for them at Christmas. We will not wait for ATD MKII...whenever it comes.

6. LeeM macrumors 6502a

cant you just use a cheap laptop, or uni computers for a while? as a student i know as well as you do that universities provide enough facilities so you dont really need your own computer at all.