RMBP Retention replacement question?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alyshehata, Sep 5, 2012.

1. alyshehata macrumors member

Hey guys. I got my RMBP (3rd replacement) a few days ago. Just noticed I have IR. My question is, is my refund still open? Considering the receipt for this current one is like 8 days or something? Or is the refund calculated from the first laptop? Also, do you think they'll be kind enough to replace it? I really hate this problem especially in a 2000$ laptop. If not, can I go ahead and call Apple care even though I bought it from a store? Please let me know guys. Thanks

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Most likely you'll be able to return it. I've never contacted AppleCare to ask for a refund so I'm not sure about that, but they've always been more helpful to me when it comes to setting up repairs and replacements.

3. Blue604 macrumors regular

I just did the refund on my 4th replacements, and my first order was middle June. I received my 4th replacements around two weeks ago. So yes, they will refund it.

I am not 100% sure, but I think if you have IR problem and if it's passed 2 weeks (i.e. 1 or 2 months), you can still ask for a refund. Because when I called them for refund, at first they thought my laptop was the one that's ordered in Mid June, and they said the can do this thru special case. But they had to transfer me to Apple Care to get a "case number", so they can process the refund/replacement after.

Of course, after i explained this is the 4th one and within 2 weeks, they had no problem doing it.

Note: not everyone who answered the phone knows what's going on.(some just doesn't read call history) You can call a few times to get the right person.

4. alyshehata thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply. they're generally helpful staff. Hope everything goes well tomorrow. Will keep you guys updated. How is the new RMPB btw? No issues?