RMBP running very laggy on HD4000

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by airlied, Jun 16, 2012.

1. airlied macrumors regular

airlied

I've got the new retina MacBook pro, low-end

Then I found this serious problem

When the os is running on HD3000 graphic, the animation is very very slow and laggy, it becomes much better when on 650m

Anyone?

2. d00d macrumors regular

If you got one with HD3000, you should march down to the Apple Store and demand a replacement.

3. Tritons macrumors 6502

I believe he meant HD4000. But this is a problem with RMBP but that's software issue and should be resolved in ML.

4. flatfoot macrumors 65816

Keep in mind that the HD 4000 is an integrated graphics chip. IIRC it can drive two displays, maybe one of them dual-link DVI.

The RMBP has nearly as many pixels as a single-link and a dual-link DVI display combined.

I guess that's the reason why it's struggling.

5. samac92 macrumors 6502a

Have you updated your software? Supposedly there was an update to help this.

6. dkimxd macrumors member

Make sure you have all the updates installed. There was like 1.5gb of updates to install when I first opened mine up. I'm running on 1920x1200 resolution and it is completely fine.

7. airlied thread starter macrumors regular

airlied

my mac is experiencing frequent kernel panic after sleep (10.8 dp4)

My two macs (early 2011 model, 15' and retina mbp) are experiencing kernel panic after sleep.

my 2011 mac has this problem since i purchased from store. it has 2~3 panics each day (running on 10.7 lion, from 10.7.0 to 10.7.3)

I have tried everything to solve this, reinstalling lion, replacing HDD, replacing SSD, useless.

Then i upgraded it to 10.8 mountain lion (dp3, dp4), it persists. so im pretty sure it's not OS's problem.

my new retina macbook pro has the same issue, whichever OS on (10.7 or 10.8), it keep crashing almost everytime i put mac back from sleep.

This happens every time when i tries to awake my mac from sleep, the screen gives me a warning with 6 languages ask me to reboot the machine.

Anyone suggestions will be appreciated!

good day!:D

8. parish macrumors 65816

parish

If it's still under warranty, take it back to Apple and get it fixed/replaced

9. Edriggers macrumors newbie

Sounds like a piece of external hardware (external hd, keyboard, display, etc.) Unplug everything. If the problem goes away, reconnect devices one at a time until you pinpoint the problematic hardware. It would also be worthwhile to check the kernel panic logs.

10. Mr MM macrumors 65816

Mr MM

I would also suggest to take a look on what apps you are putting on those