rMBP screen burn-ins

MDFang

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
This may be normal and just me being nitpicky, but it's had me worried nonetheless.

After about five minutes of use, when I activate Mission Control, I can see (thanks to the darker background) that my screen has some burn-ins. Most notably where the whites used to be located on the screen (most other colors don't burn in as much). You can just see the silhouettes, but if I use, say, Chrome for a lengthened period of time, and then go into Mission Control, I can actually read " Chrome" on the top left of the screen.

Is this normal? Sure, it goes away after a while, but I can't help but feel I'm damaging the display, even if it's ever so slightly.

I tried taking pictures so show how it gets after ten minutes of use, but those turned out all fuzzy, due to the screen also being a light source and what not.

So, uhm, yeah. Anyone else having this? I shouldn't be worried, right? Thanks all!

mzjin

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2011
People say it gets worse. Not sure if it actually damages your screen per se, but could make using it eventually unusable.

Comment

MDFang

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
So, I'm in for stuff worse than this in a few months? Oh dear.

Really satisfied with the screen and everything, but this is just one con you don't expect from a machine this expensive. Real shame.

Comment

ajcadoo

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
Dont we have 1-year warranties on these machines?

----------

BTW, screen burn in seems to progressively get worse for me. I can read the Date and Battery percentage EASILY when I use mission control.

Comment