Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nsmo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2014
Hello all,

I am buying a 15in rMBP this week. I have seen quite a few threads on here discussing issues with the screen. I understand these are the unlucky few and more than likely the rMBP I end up with will work just fine. With that said, there is still a chance I might get unlucky and I would like to save my self some time, if possible, in the return/replace process. Do you folks have any suggestions for ways in which I can test/check the rMPB I end up with before leaving the store to make sure everything is functioning properly?

Thanks in advance. This is my first mac since the 12in powerbook I bought for college in 2005. Needless to say, I am really excited.

Branskins

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
It should be exciting :)

Once you boot up the computer, go to http://imac.squeaked.com/test.php

They have dead/stuck pixel tests as well as a yellow screen test.

Also remember, the lighting in the Apple store is different than how you will probably use it, so IF there is a yellowing issue, it may be difficult to see there.

Just remember you have 14 days to return/replace it if you are not happy

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
Hello all,

I am buying a 15in rMBP this week. I have seen quite a few threads on here discussing issues with the screen. I understand these are the unlucky few and more than likely the rMBP I end up with will work just fine. With that said, there is still a chance I might get unlucky and I would like to save my self some time, if possible, in the return/replace process. Do you folks have any suggestions for ways in which I can test/check the rMPB I end up with before leaving the store to make sure everything is functioning properly?

Thanks in advance. This is my first mac since the 12in powerbook I bought for college in 2005. Needless to say, I am really excited.

If you live nearby a physical store, you're lucky. Just be prepared for a few returns if necessary. Hopefully you'll get a nice rMBP. To me, I place all my hopes on this mobile workstation:

http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/...n-touch-laptop-that-s-also-a-workstation.aspx

Hopefully it would save us from yellowing and image retention with its IGZO screen, but who knows? The Retina iPad Mini has an IGZO screen and also suffers from I.R. This Dell is pretty well reviewed, though. All I can say is there's a lot of happy rMBP owners, but what scares me is all the complaining about the same computer. We can't really say if it's excess of complaining or excess of color-blindness. You have to check by yourself at the store.

nsmo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2014
Thanks for the feedback! I went to the apple store and purchased it last night. Screen appears to be flawless. Could not be happier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.