rMBP screen scratches starting to appear

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zulithe, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Zulithe macrumors member

Zulithe

Hi all. Very happy rMBP 15" late 2013 model owner here.

I bring my laptop both to and from work every day in my backpack (it has a dedicated, padded laptop sleeve), this has been fine up until now and i've done this with past laptops and had no issues. But I'm noticing some very VERY thin, barely noticeable scratches on my screen that I think are being caused by the screen contacting the keys and every so gradually producing two (only two that i have spotted, but again, they are really hard to see) straight scratches about 1mm long in one section and almost 2mm long in another section. it seems to line up with the keys but it's difficult to tell for sure.

So my question to you all is: I want to continue transporting my laptop in the same way but I want to ensure that no further damage occurs.

What's the best advice?

Is there any recommended method that does not require me to place a clear plastic screen protector over the ENTIRE 15" display? I don't find this very ideal... i hate having to deal with those things. I want a pure display!

Maybe some kind of cloth I can put between the keyboard and display for when it is closed? I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks all.

2. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

Something like this * RadTech ScreenSavrz

I've used one of these cloths in all my MBPs since my first in 2006.. just keep it clean (you can wash with mild soap, once in a while) and it makes an excellent Screen Wiping Cloth, as well as a barrier to stop any 'keys vs screen' battles, and oily finger-bits transferring too!! :cool:

3. Zulithe thread starter macrumors member

Zulithe

Thank you for the suggestion... looks like a great choice. Good reviews too. I just bought one, we'll see how it goes!

4. runningtowin macrumors member

This, exactly. My rMBP looks truly as good as the day I bought it - I don't want that screen getting dirty!