RMBP shipping

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macran, Apr 4, 2013.

1. macran macrumors member

I have ordered a custom config RMBP 2.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz,16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM,512GB Flash Storage.I am getting it shipped to the store in Delaware to save the tax and my friend is going to ship it to me. So just want to find out in the store would they give the macbook pro as-is ,i mean with the whole fedex packing or would they just give it without the fedex packing.I am asking this because my friend needs to ship it to me and i am worried of shipping.What do you think is the best way to ship new macbook safe and sound

2. B... macrumors 68000

B...

They give it to you in-store without the FedEx packaging--just the box. How your friend ships it is up to him and you, although it should involve a lot of bubble wrap and a big box.

3. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

Fedex charges something like $11 for a box and packaging for a laptop. And that's for suspension packaging for a naked laptop (the rMBP box has padding of its own) so it should be somewhat cheaper in your circumstance.

4. macran thread starter macrumors member

5. JPizzzle macrumors 6502

Congrats- just an FYI-If you have to exchange it within 14 days, you WILL be charged tax if you go anywhere that typically charges tax. I live in Philadelphia and have dealt with the Delaware store on many occasions, and there's no way to avoid being taxed if you try to exchange it in a taxed state.

6. macran thread starter macrumors member

I hope that i don't get the screen which has issues.