rMBP, sleep or shut down

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iRyu, Jul 19, 2012.

1. iRyu macrumors regular

My rMBP is coming soon and it's my first Apple laptop. I own iMac previously.
    I always put it into sleep mode when I going out or sleep.

I wonder if I do the same thing with my rMBP will it be not good? Like easily spoil the hardware etc.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

It doesn't matter a whole lot, with my laptops I rarely ever turn them off. Always in sleep mode. But since the rMBP has an SSD if you were to shut it down it would only take seconds to boot up. Don't stress this too much, you won't ruin your new Mac.

3. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

^^ Yup, aside from maybe saving some battery life and fewer battery cycles, won't make a difference and shouldn't really affect performance in anyway over the life of the computer.

4. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

Most people tend to shut it down about once a day (at night), i shut it down when i'm not going to use it for more than an hour. Its up to you, it's designed to fit with most usage types.

5. iRyu thread starter macrumors regular

this is true. I almost forget that speedy devil SSD :D
    i think i got my answer lol

6. spike29 macrumors member

Personally, I shutdown when i go to sleep, and keep it in sleep-mode during the day.
    Then again, because it's a SSD, it only takes 10~20 seconds to boot up. so it doesn't really matter, it's all personal preferences