rMBP Sudden death of pixels?!

Pagga

macrumors 6502
Original poster
The last week to very pronounced dead pixels suddenly appeared on my rMBP. They are in the same area, but not too close, both a little northwest to the middle.

I also have slight ghosting on both far sides of the screen, towards the middle.

I have a Samsung screen. Bouth the computer in july.

What do you think? Should I try and get a replacement? I have been extremely carefull with my rMBP!

achariam

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
Same here. Bought in the beginning of august and all of a sudden i noticed 9 dead white pixels clustered around the middle of my screen. Samsung panel as well. I'm definitely calling to get it fixed.

Mac-Tech

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto, ON
The last week to very pronounced dead pixels suddenly appeared on my rMBP. They are in the same area, but not too close, both a little northwest to the middle.

I also have slight ghosting on both far sides of the screen, towards the middle.

I have a Samsung screen. Bouth the computer in july.

What do you think? Should I try and get a replacement? I have been extremely carefull with my rMBP!

I knew Samsung panels had these problems....I think your better off with a LG panel to be honest....

Mac-Tech

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto, ON
LG has image retention issue.
Not all some 80% of the apple owners are not even on this forum....They are happy with their LG or Samsung screen...I would prefer to get LG since the colors are alot deeper and true...IR only happens when u do that stupid checker board test....