rMBP temperature ranges?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yvonnars, May 8, 2013.

1. yvonnars macrumors newbie

Does anyone have or know where I can get the temperature ranges that the rMBP suppose to have with certain programs running? I have the 15 rMBP early 2013 edition, and when I play LOL or sims 3 the part above keyboard near bottom of screen gets so hot to the point the keys get warm too. And in iStats the GPU and GPU diode are always around 75 degrees sometimes to low 80. It scares me when it gets that hot is that normal?

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

That's definitely normal.

I get around 80, 90, and sometimes even 102 when gaming.

My average daily work puts the temperature at 50-70 Celsius though.

3. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

Yes, definitely normal.

Just letting you know again so you are more sure I guess, but 80 is totally fine when gaming.

4. HelgeCPT macrumors newbie

although those tems are normal (I get around 75 Degrees celcius when gaming), avoid prolongued usage under those temps.

My recently bought MacBook Pro (2011 model- Second Hand with a 1GB Radeon 6750) has recently begun to show some serious startup issues and shutdowns during transport (e.g. I arrive home from work and its off - not during usage though) which I can only possibly conclude that the temps weakened something inside my MBP :(

I could be wrong but I can't explain it otherwise

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I find I'm in the 35-40c range most times and it can certainly go up to 70c for some intense usage but it quickly goes down back to my normal 35-40c.

I've been very happy with the temps on my rMBP