rMBP thunderbolt not working after crash

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by royal shrimp, Aug 15, 2012.

1. royal shrimp macrumors member

so i got my rMBP today, and also bought a thunderbolt cable and a Black magic intensity extreme becuase i do gameplay commentaries, montages and more.

while recording my Xbox at 720p, iMessage crashed, giving me this error report.

After some digging i found some mentions of datacontroller and thunderbolt in the crash report. does this mean my thunderbolt ports are dead?

all i hear when i plug in my Intensity extreme is a weird whining noise. any help is much appreciated,

Phil

Attached Files:

2. tninety macrumors regular

If it just spontaneously stopped working at all, that's probably an issue with the disk. I'd exchange it.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Sounds like your peripheral is broken: exchange or warranty it.

Not sure what disk you're mentioning; it doesn't look like his computer storage is failing.

4. royal shrimp thread starter macrumors member

The black magic intensity extreme is a HDMI capture device, powered by thunderbolt. it stopped working immediately after the attached crash. i will be testing tomorrow to see if it is the ThunderBolt cable or the Box.

5. tninety macrumors regular

I thought the Intensity Extreme was a disk... :confused:

6. royal shrimp thread starter macrumors member

no, its a HDMI recording solution using thunderbolt. very awesome, but like i said, either it or the thunderbolt cable was shot after the crash which i attached