rMBP Tip - Use Open in Low Resolution Checkbox

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by OSMac, Jun 25, 2012.

1. OSMac, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012

OSMac macrumors 65816

If a non-retina app has issues on the rMBP goto it's info pane and check Open in Low Resolution.
    Not all apps have the checkbox, but some do and it can help.

I was trying Canon's Digital Photo Professional and was very disappointed with the results. Images at 100% zoom were showing artifacts (lines) when panning making it unusable.

I then closed the program looked at it's info pane, and checked the Open in Low Resolution checkbox. Now it runs fine. Only downside is the text in the folder window looks somewhat softer. Until its updated for retina mode at least its useable.

Attached Files:

2. Morien macrumors member

Mind posting a screenshot of the program both with the checkbox selected and unselected?

Thanks

3. OSMac thread starter macrumors 65816

Sure here's a couple screenshots

1) showing the original graphical glitches if the low resolution checkbox is not checked

2) a comparison of the 2 modes.

Attached Files:

4. Aftershocker macrumors member

I'm confused because the one on the right looks far better and that is the default setting?

5. OSMac thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes, text looks better but it gives the glitches when panning in photo at 100% zoom, so its not really useable.

It was just the text in the UI that looked better, photos look the same in both modes.