rMBP to TV - HDMI Thunderbolt?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aaronoafc, Feb 24, 2013.

1. aaronoafc, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013

aaronoafc macrumors newbie

Hi,

Just wondering the best way to stream something through rather than an apple TV. Can you do something like connect the macbook pro to the tv using a HDMI - Thunderbolt converter or cable? Something like that

Cheers

2. patrickoneal macrumors newbie

Why not just use an HDMI to HDMI cable? Both retina models have HDMI built in.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

Of course it's possible, pretty much every single laptop out there has had some kind of video out and audio out port to connect to an external display or projector for the last 15 years or so?

Retina MBP's have HDMI built-in, so does the Mac Mini, others can use their thunderbolt through the use of an adapter and HDMI cable.

Not sure if the question is serious or if you've been living under a rock for a few years...

4. aaronoafc thread starter macrumors newbie

no i know its possible I just meant to do with the thunderbolt HDMI - ofc I know you can do that you sarcastic bell end

5. lucasfer899 macrumors 6502

lucasfer899

Are you serious man? just use a normal HDMI cable, the retina macbook pro's have HDMI ports now, and not mini HDMI or any of that crap, it is full, proper HDMI. But if for some reason you are set on using thunderbolt, (why?) see this thread. :rolleyes:

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

What do you actually mean? You're either using one of the thunderbolt ports or the HDMI port, not both?

I might be a sarcastic bell end, but your question made no sense in the first place.

7. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov