rMBP top case replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by victorbd, Nov 11, 2012.

1. victorbd macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

So here is the deal:

One friend spilled some of his beer on my rMBP. Everything is fine, the computer has had no arm whatsoever because I have been extremely quick to react and got the small amount of beer away in less than a second. The beer was essentially on the top left of the computer, the keyboard has had only a little spill.

Anyway, the day after, some of the keys were sticky, so I cleaned them. Overall it went well and most of it is back on track. I just have to change one key, and the backlighting of the keyboard is a bit hurt, but it still works.

My question would be: how much would it cost to change the keyboard+backlit (I have read that this is not possible though)? Or, since it seems that it would be that way, how much would it cost to change the whole top case? I know that my warranty has been void, unless my friend has some sort of home insurance on his side.

Thanks for your help.

2. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

I would imagine somewhere in between $300-$500. Go to the Apple store and get a quote.

3. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

4. Coldmode macrumors regular

This is an easy one. You take the machine to a shop, they fix everything that's wrong, and your friend pays the bill.

5. SchuettS macrumors 6502

Yup or get a new friend.

6. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

"or" ? Do both... no place for an "or". :rolleyes:

7. vpro, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012

vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

Hah!

It's just the rMB - get another one and call it a day, keep the friendship they last longer. Drinking and drunkard with friends is fun, while drinking and drunkard alone is - well, just real sad - no?