rMBP Trackpad Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by njtransit215, Mar 3, 2013.

1. njtransit215 macrumors newbie

I was using my machine as normal, when suddenly I sneezed on it. No big deal, cleaned off the screen, etc., etc. (sorry if this is tmi lol). I then noticed my trackpad was stuttering, and within a few minutes, it was completely erratic. Flying all over the screen, opening apps, and doing things I never told it to do. I'm worried that literally 1 drop of water may have ruined my brilliant machine. Anyone have any ideas on how to get it to work? I did an SMC reset, and ran very graphic intensive games to see if I could evaporate any water.

I have a mail-in repair scheduled, but am worried they may reject it on behalf of "water" damage. Anyone have any idea what to do, either about the rejection possibility or even fixing the trackpad myself? Thanks!!!!!

2. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM

Hilarious.

Did you try wiping down and then drying the trackpad? There won't be any water damage from a sneeze, of all things.

3. njtransit215 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried it once a few months ago to clean it, would that help in this case?

4. Sean76 macrumors 6502

Sean76

Whatttttttttttttttt? Your saying a sneeze ruined your trackpad?

5. Mr MM macrumors 65816

Mr MM

that actually happened to me, but it was way more water involved, the only solution that I found is to go and replace the touchpad

it may stop sometime, but in my case it comes back, all of the sudden

6. MacKid macrumors 6502

Give it time. Liquid of any kind will induce temporary trackpad seizures, especially if it gets smeared around.