rMBP trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tritons, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Tritons, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012

Tritons macrumors 6502

Hi
    I have rMBP since launch and this is my first real problem. Trackpad sometimes dosnt work as it should. Two finger swipe to get to notifications is hit and miss. Suddenly three finger look up dosnt work in any aplications (settings are correct) even though three finger drag works. And if I do two finger scrolling in either side of trackpad it sometimes stops working. Is if software or hardware issue? What should I do? Hope you can help. Thanks.

Ok right now works every singe swipe except three finger swipe to change desktop and three finger look up. Any ideas.

2. Tritons thread starter macrumors 6502

I solved my problem and wanted to let others know if anyone else encounters it. Basically it was because of program called Scroll Reverser that I use for my Logitech G700. So if any of you have this problem just check if any of recently installed programmes cause it.

3. SchuettS macrumors 6502

I use scroll reverser without any problems. weird.

4. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

I don't use Scroll Reverser, but I have some similar issues.

1) Bringing up notification center: the touchpad on my late 2011 Macbook Pro makes it more difficult to bring up Notification Center compared with the Magic Trackpad. For what ever reason, the built-in touchpad brings it up more reliably if you place your two fingers vertically spaced (which is less awkward to do if you rotate your hand, but doesn't seem ergonomic either way). It's not that the touchpad doesn't sense two fingers on the pad, it just misinterprets the action. I've also found that the gesture works more reliably if you're a bit closer to the midline of the pad.

The Magic Trackpad doesn't suffer from this issue. I can keep my two fingers horizontal to each other, and I can reliably open the notification center even if I'm at the top edge of the trackpad.

2) Three-finger lookup. This may to be application-specific. It doesn't work at all for me in Google Chrome, but seems to work in all other programs that I've tried.

5. Tritons thread starter macrumors 6502

Weird indeed. Do you have lion/mountain lion? Which Mac do you have?

6. SchuettS macrumors 6502

Mountain lion.. retina base model