rMBP - Uneven trackpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JD92, Jul 10, 2012.

1. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

Hey people,

I got my rMBP a few days ago and I've noticed what seems to be a problem with the trackpad. When clicking on the left side of the trackpad it feels like a more shallow click, requiring less pressure, than when clicking on the right side. It's fairly even when sitting on a desk, but if I'm sitting up on my bed with it on my lap, for example, perhaps with more pressure on the underside of the laptop and my right hand sitting on the palm rest mousing around then click on the left is significantly more shallow than on the right of the trackpad, hardly even making a sound when I click.

Is it just me who has this?

2. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

I think it's just you overanalyzing the trackpad. My RMBP works fine and the trackpad is fine lol :D

3. mattonthemoon macrumors regular

mattonthemoon

I've seen it before in other models. You should give apple a call to create a case and swap it out when stock is in.

4. lazer155 macrumors regular

I think it is normal. My 2010 macbook pro has been like that from the first day that I bought it. I was worried about it too and the ones that I checked at the apple store did the same thing. I think it has to do with the way apple designed the trackpad, it is on a pivot like a seesaw and for some reason the left is always shallower than the right. I don't think it is anything to worry about. I haven't personally tested the rMBPs yet (I plan to soon) but based on what I have seen with the nMBPs it is normal.

5. JD92, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013

JD92 thread starter macrumors 6502a

JD92

6. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

You should try the computer on several different surfaces first. I initially thought that I had an uneven trackpad on my rMBP but after using it on a different table I found that it was actually level. Very odd.