...the bigger the update !!! All right, so I might be in some kind of an "off the charts" expectations mood for the next rMBP update... September is coming fast and it seems it will be reserved for a new iPad and iPhone 5S/5C release. We are now, more than 6 months away, since last rMBP update. This is the biggest update waiting in rMBP (yet short) history ! I'd say a "silent update" in the Apple Store is out of the question. Last July 9, a Next-Gen 15'' MacBook Pro showed up in Benchmarks (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/07/09/next-generation-15-inch-macbook-pro-shows-up-in-benchmarks/). Nothing happened until today... Could it be that, last July, Apple realized the benchmark of the new Haswell platform would be hardly noticeable ? Besides, without OS X Mavericks, the battery life gains wouldn't also, make much of a difference ? My guess is, OS X Mavericks release date will define when the next rMBP and cMBP appear. Video card: I'd say, a MBP with just the new iNTEL Iris HD 5200, without discrete graphics from ATI or Nvidia, very plausible. However, the longer the waiting, the harder a new Iris HD 5200 will be acceptable as the one and only video board for a MBP. My guess is, if Apple is to release an update to the MBP within the next 2 months, we might see this 'Pro' laptops with only integrated graphics. If not, I think they'll have to add a discrete solution to the mix. SSD SSD's prices are falling... Maybe an upgrade to the SSD's capacity without rising the laptop prices will be true... Thunderbolt 2 Ok, so now I'm dreaming... but what if we happen to be at least still 2 months away from a MBP update ? Touch Screen Now, I'm joking... "who needs a touch screen on a laptop ?" This is what Apple uses to say... Any thoughts, guys ?