rMBP - Using a keyboard cover

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bobbydd21, Jul 10, 2013.

1. bobbydd21 macrumors regular

Hello guys I have a rMBP 15" and have been using a keyboard cover so far. However, I recently bought a radtech Screensavrz to use as well to prevent key marks on the screen. My question is do you guys think there will be any problem using the two of these things together? The fit between the screen lid and bottom case is obviously tighter now using both products together so I didn't know it this could potentially cause any harm. Thanks!

2. klover macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't use both. One spec of sand/hard material between the screen and that cloth and you've got scratches. The gap is so small as it is that a keyboard protector is probably sufficient.

3. theuserjohnny macrumors 6502

I don't think you need both, I just use a keyboard protector. The only issue is that every now and then you'll just have to wipe the screen because the board will leave marks due to build up.

I've always had this issue when using keyboard protectors so it isn't that big of a deal for me.

4. bobbydd21 thread starter macrumors regular

Okay I'll just use the keyboard protector. The only reason I was thinking of using both was for like you said about the build up on the screen. As long as you wipe it down once in a while it shouldn't permanently leave marks on the screen right?

5. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I just use a damp microfiber cloth to wipe off key marks. They are just oil marks from where the keys touch the screen.

6. lagisibuk macrumors 6502

why your retina using screen protector? it's just retina, not touch screen retina :D

maybe you just need keyboard protector, but please choice best product, i ever using xgear keyboard protector, so far is comfort but i decided not using keyboard protector, annoying when you typing :D