Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Langley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
Hey,
I'm running vmware fusion and WinXP on my rMBP and it keeps randomly switching resolution up to 2880x1800 from the 1440x900.
Any idea how this could be fixed or so? Is it better under win7?

ty

celitrd2

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2012
I'm running Win7 in VMWare fusion and it runs fine.

Hey,
I'm running vmware fusion and WinXP on my rMBP and it keeps randomly switching resolution up to 2880x1800 from the 1440x900.
Any idea how this could be fixed or so? Is it better under win7?

ty

titanflyer

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
Mine is doing the same thing with Win7 VM Fusion... I have found if I set the res in OSx to 1440, then back to 1680 or whatever I have it at, it stick on the VM as well... definitely a bug of some kind in my mind.

celitrd2

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2012
After you launch a Windows session in Fusion, just toggle the full screen control on the right corner and fusion will auto adjust the resolution your vm session to match the current mac resolution.

Mine is doing the same thing with Win7 VM Fusion... I have found if I set the res in OSx to 1440, then back to 1680 or whatever I have it at, it stick on the VM as well... definitely a bug of some kind in my mind.

xtrem

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2009
After you launch a Windows session in Fusion, just toggle the full screen control on the right corner and fusion will auto adjust the resolution your vm session to match the current mac resolution.

the same setup as OP, WinXP + rMBP + full screen mode. Fusion keeps changing resolution, but I want it to keep the one I've set in WinXP. Impossible to work in 5120x3200...

jono b

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2012
Vmware fusion cannot be used with retina display on MBPRO at this point without your windows displaying a ridiculous resolution that cannot be read without a magnifying glass. Even if you reset the resolution in Windows it still defaults next time you start up to the unreadable. I notice Parallels has a retina display driver but fusion does not seem to be interested. Perhaps bootcamp or parallels is the way of the future

stevelam

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2010
Vmware fusion cannot be used with retina display on MBPRO at this point without your windows displaying a ridiculous resolution that cannot be read without a magnifying glass. Even if you reset the resolution in Windows it still defaults next time you start up to the unreadable. I notice Parallels has a retina display driver but fusion does not seem to be interested. Perhaps bootcamp or parallels is the way of the future

Parallels isn't retina friendly either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.