rMBP Wallpaper and Menu Glitches

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by outsidethebox, Sep 18, 2012.

1. outsidethebox macrumors member

I've had the same problem for over a month now, where my wallpaper will revert back to an old one when restarting the computer.

It's frustrating because I have a wallpaper of me and my gf at home, but change it when I have to go for presentations. 75% of the time when I turn it back on it will have reverted to the picture of me and her or another old one.

Also when I right click on the Desktop and "Change Desktop Wallpaper" the menu will not pop up. I have to go and manually click on the button, or go through Sys Pref.

Moreover, the folders I add for wallpapers will NEVER save, I have to continuously add them every time I open the menu.

I've haven't read of hardly anyone having the same issues (and it's strage that they're all Wallpaper-related), which is why I'm hesitant that it would be address in 10.8.2. I've tried a terminal command recommended in one of the few threads I found (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4144290?start=0&tstart=0), but it hasn't worked.

2. Pagga macrumors 6502

Pagga

Closer to the Artic circle than I like to be
    Mal apropos: In my rMBP there is a strange flickering in the window with the wallpaper icons when scrolling.

3. totiM macrumors newbie

I have all of your symptoms and the wallpaper glitch only started the other day.. Weird! If I log in with my password it seems to work as expected (the wallpaper) but auto login is a big fail at the moment..

The right click change desktop background was also happening on my 2012 MacBook Air, so this may be an ML thing more than a Retina thing.