rMbp white patch on display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nickandre21, Sep 2, 2013.

1. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

So i was watching a movie this evening and noticed on blacks two places on my screen show the similar white patch. On whites it appears a faint yellow.
    My retina is about 2 months old its never mishandled, nor dropped nor pressure applied onto the screen.
    DSC_1123.jpg
    So does this meets apples requirement for a screen replacement?

2. offgray macrumors member

3. nickandre21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well got it to the AASP they ran their netboot tests like pixel abnormalities image retention and cooling system diagnostics. The display failed in the pixel abnormalities and image retention test. They put the display on order I just need to take it back in once they get the panel.

4. offgray macrumors member

Make sure you check that display thoroughly too. You might end up getting another faulty display.

5. nickandre21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

fortunately the guys at this AASP know me well so they check things thoroughly, an issue i had when i got the retina - clicking noise from bottom plate was termed as normal at the dealers service center. But here as well as by senior techs its not normal. Lets see what they do.

I am cool with either lg or samsung panels the one i currently have is a samsung a bit of calibration and its perfect.