rMBP - Wi-fi connectivity issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sensorian, Nov 18, 2012.

1. sensorian, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012

sensorian macrumors member

I bought and installed a wireless extender for my apartment (the plug into socket type) and it was a bit of a fiddle to get it to work but eventually I got it working.

However since then every time I open my Macbook Pro (rMBP 15" running 10.8.2) from sleep I have to reconnect to my main wireless router, whereas previously it would just automatically connect. When it connects it gives me an error "A connection timeout occurred" but it still connects anyway.

I've tried unplugging the extended but that didn't work and I've had a look in settings but can't see anything that has changed. It doesnt affect either my ipad or iphone or indeed any other connected device.

I guess it's not a major issue but it is annoying. I'd be grateful if anyone had any ideas as to how to address it or what may be causing it.

I'm not sure what other detail would help but am happy to provide further detail as requested.

Thanks in advance.

2. harry454 macrumors 6502

Try this:
    1. Turn off wifi
    2. Open network preferences, select wireless, click advanced
    3. The list of saved wireless networks (SSID's) delete the ones you don't use, as well as the network that is giving you the hassle.
    4. Power off the Macbook and reboot your network device (unplug for 30 seconds, then plug back in)
    5. Boot up Macbook, turn on wifi and attempt to connect to the network.

3. sensorian, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012

sensorian thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Harry....I'll try now.....

Brilliant. Worked a treat, thanks ever so much......