rMBP Wifi

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Trey M, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

I've had several macs before and I know a lot of the laptops suffer from annoying wifi connectivity issues (if you're in a crowded place, you'll often have to mess with the settings in order for you to get a working IP address assigned, and often when you wake them from sleep they take seconds to connect). However, a new issue I've noticed with the rMBP is when you wake it up, it'll take an extra long time to connect to your network, and a few times it's required me to turn off Wifi and turn it back on to get any connection working. Has anyone else noticed this on their rMBP?

2. golu14 macrumors regular

I didnt.
    Mine works seamlessly, not even a second before wifi is connected.

3. Jeff3f macrumors member

yes, I've had this a couple times, and it's impossible to replicate. using a non-crowded home network, and it's worked flawlessly in the past.

4. Xian Zhu Xuande macrumors 6502a

Xian Zhu Xuande

I haven't had any problems waking mine to date. It finds and connects to the wifi in seconds.

5. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

I notice that reconnecting takes 4-5 seconds but I don't have to turn on/off my wifi to connect.

6. WarrenFields Guest

Yes. My Retina does this almost all the time after the machine is put to sleep for more than just a few minutes. It's annoying but I'm not completely sure it is all the Retina's fault...might be my router. :confused:

7. Trey M thread starter macrumors 6502a

Trey M

Idk if mine is doing it too...Macs have always been weird with wifi connectivity.

8. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

I was experiencing the same issues today. At home it wouldn't connect after turning wifi on and off but my iMac and iPhone's wifi was working fine. I had to reset the router and then i finally got it connected. It seemed to be working fine and then it did it again later in the day after waking it ....:(

I'm going reset by router and reconfigure wireless settings and see how it works out tomorrow.