rMBP - Windows 7 display drivers?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Utnac, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Utnac macrumors newbie

Hi all, bought myself my first ever mac earlier today, its the basic retina macbook with the 256gb SSD in it and a slower processor.

I've succesfully used Bootcamp Assistant to partition the SSD and install windows, activated my copy of windows and used Apples supplied drivers to get things like the WiFi working.

I'm trying to update my nVidia display driver to the lastest version, as apples supplied driver is pretty old. I download the relevant file for a 650M mobile GPU from nVidias website, (it's a beta version as no whql released but this shouldnt make a difference) and try to run it, but the driver returns an area saying that the required hardware could not be found.

I have never come across an error like this before during years of using Windows and nVidia hardware.

I was wondering if anyone else who runs Windows 7 on their rMBP had encountered the same issue and how you had solved it?

Thanks

(apologies for grammar/spelling, first time I've typed on this keyboard :) )

2. playsontheleft macrumors regular

You need to use a modded .ini file to get the installer to recognise your hardware. I'm on my phone right now and can't seem to find it with a quick Google search, but if by the time I'm on my computer no-one else has found you one, I'll upload mine for you.

3. Utnac thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, where is it? I can probably figure the rest out myself, or point me towards I a thread, I did try searching but my keywords were very general and I didnt find anything.