rMBP Windows 7 Update causes black screen on startup

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by dndandrea, Jul 21, 2012.

1. dndandrea macrumors 6502

Hi i cannot get on my windows partition anymore. I boot it up and it gives me the option to boot windows normal or safe mode and other options. When i boot it up it'll have the windows logo load then go straight to a black screen but makes the welcome to windows noise. I used windows 7 yesterday after installing it to play a game. Then i shut it down and let it do all the windows updates. Tried to boot it up today and now this happens.

Is there anyway to fix this without having to delete partition and doing this all over? Windows takes forever to install from flash drive and the game i have takes an eternity to download with all the patches.

THANKS

edit: safe mode boots up fine. is there anyway to remove this updates or go back to square one?

2. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Have a look at the Windows 7 recovery options: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/What-are-the-system-recovery-options-in-Windows-7

3. dndandrea thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried that but all it does is load and load then a system restore window will pop up. If I system restore I'll have to wait another 24 hours for this game to redownload and the game is only open until 12pm tonight.

I managed to get in somehow by typing my password during the black screen. Can I remove the windows updates or will it tell to restart computer everytime I uninstall 1 of the 113 updates it did?

4. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Ah, I see.
    I'm not sure. Is the screen still black? If it isn't I'd go and re-install Apple's Boot Camp drivers, Windows may have installed drivers from NVidia for your GT 650M which could screw things up.

5. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Sounds like a driver Issue. Try booting into safe mode, and replacing, updating, or going back to factory drivers.

6. BrendaConey macrumors newbie