rMBP Windows 8 Install Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AirmanPika, Nov 2, 2012.

1. AirmanPika macrumors 6502

AirmanPika

Well I went to load windows 8 onto my 13" rMBP and once it is done with the initial load you end up with a black screen. Seems to be an issue with the new intel hd graphics but i haven't found a solution that works yet. The touchpad also won't work but i believe i found a fix for that. Anyone else dealt with this yet?

2. driving25 macrumors newbie

Yes, I tried this install today. Looked like all was well but upon W8 startup, I had a mostly black screen with only about two inches of purple on the left side. I could see a distorted arrow that I could control with the trackpad, but could not do anything further. Have you found any fixes?

3. Sc0rian macrumors newbie

i just plugged my rMBP into the HDMI port, which caused the resolution to come down to 1920x1600 and all was fine.

4. KPOM macrumors G5

Interesting fix. Once it installed, were you able to change the resolution so that you don't need to plug something into the HDMI port? I noticed the black screen issue when I attempted to install Windows 8. I stuck with Windows 7 for now.

5. Sc0rian macrumors newbie

Well once the res was set to 1920, windows remembers it.

However when I go to 2560x1600 it does mess up again. It is running on the WDM driver, so I assume it is just that. I only installed Windows 8 this morning, will get the drivers installed and should be able to run native resolution then. (did it in the time that it took my GF to get out of the shower :rolleyes:).

6. Sc0rian macrumors newbie

arg, do not push ctrl+r whilst writing a post.. Second time:

update:

I got back and installed the drivers and was able to full screen res. I downloaded the bootcamp dmg file, extracted it, booted into windows, ran the setup file and it installed everything for me. All is working. I'm running rEFInd.

Here is the link to download the files:

http://www.cafe-encounter.net/p682/download-bootcamp-drivers