rMBP With Keyboard Cover

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bobbydd21, Jul 28, 2013.

1. bobbydd21 macrumors regular

I have been reading mixed answers on here and on other forums regarding whether to use a keyboard cover with a retina MacBook Pro, and if it will permanently damage the screen due to marks. I am currently using the UpperCase Keyboard Cover, and have so far found no marks. I mainly use it because it mutes the sound of the keyboard which is very useful for class. However, I don't want to damage my screen.

2. lagisibuk macrumors 6502

hmm, i'm not using keyboard saver.
    u can using keyboard saver when working with mac, but...when u finish, dont forget to close off you keysaver.

maybe not directly damaged your screen, just leave a mark

3. dragonjinse macrumors 6502

I'm using the keyboard cover for almost a week for my rmbp 15", and still no marks on my screen yet.

4. theuserjohnny macrumors 6502

I'm using one on my rMBP and I used one on my 06 Macbook. Based on my years of using them they'll always eventually leave marks on the screen, the marks are just the build up from the oil and such and they easily wipe off.

5. foxf8 macrumors member

yea i have the 15 inch rMBP i have a very slim keyboard cover and after a week or 2 it does start to leave marks on the screen but its a simple wipe away lol id rather use glass cleaner on my screen than have my keys all messed up and wearing away :)

6. bkribbs macrumors 65816

Be careful! These rMBP don't have regular glass like former versions of MBP did so I'm not sure those chemicals are a good idea.

7. AppleTecFan macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

the keyboard is actually used for ventalation, not sure if you want the keyboard covered :$