Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miles400

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
My RMBP was shipped on the 23rd of July is there any chance it will arrive with mountain lion pre-installed.

SugaredJuggler

macrumors member
May 10, 2008
Holladay, UT
My RMBP was shipped on the 23rd of July is there any chance it will arrive with mountain lion pre-installed.

Even if it doesn't you could just load Mountain Lion on it before you transfer any of your files over. I am assuming that you will get the machine after the ML release so you could just download it for free and install it the second you first boot it up.

miles400

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Even if it doesn't you could just load Mountain Lion on it before you transfer any of your files over. I am assuming that you will get the machine after the ML release so you could just download it for free and install it the second you first boot it up.
But when you install mountain lion through the app store will it change the recovery partition from lion to mountain lion. That is why I was hoping it would come with mountain lion pre-installed so the recovery partition would defiantly be mountain lion.

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
But when you install mountain lion through the app store will it change the recovery partition from lion to mountain lion. That is why I was hoping it would come with mountain lion pre-installed so the recovery partition would defiantly be mountain lion.

I don't think Apple would overlook something like that

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon

Yes, it updates the recovery partition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.