rMBP wont boot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bajaracing, Jun 28, 2013.

1. bajaracing macrumors member

Ive had this notebook for 1 year. Never had an issue till now. I just turned it on, didn't let it finish loading and had to power off to catch a train. So I shut it down as it was barely starting to load with apple logo on screen.

Same day at work, I powered it on, but following messages appears. It loops back off, then cycles on again over & over.

Anyone know what could have went wrong?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

3. bajaracing thread starter macrumors member

yeah. took it into local apple store. they tried to diagnose it. they said I needed to leave it so they can figure out whats wrong. Luckily for me, it was on last day of warranty :)

4. desantim macrumors newbie

Exact same thing happened to my mb air last week. Logic board failure. Same exact errors.

5. foxf8 macrumors member

im still new to mac my self but i am an IT tech for pc's and in pc world u could have damaged the master boot record and that tells the computer where to look on the hard drive to load the os. so macs equivalent to this would be first thing id check if i got an error like that on a pc with same description of how it happened. its highly unlikely u damaged the board by turning it off thats just silly lol. now it could have been its time to die but still thats just highly unlikely. judging by what your pictures show id say thats what looks to have happened by shutting it down during boot. even this is a rare out come to shutting it down mid boot but still first thing id check.

6. bajaracing thread starter macrumors member

Update,

Apple Replaced following under warranty:

6205812 display clamshell retina 15

605-3219 logic board 2.3 ghz 8gb

655-1794A solid state drive 256

605-3511 top case with battery

last day of warranty too, so darn lucky.

7. devilcm3 macrumors 6502a

get an apple care?

8. bajaracing thread starter macrumors member

Yes sir :) Cant get better service than that!