Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macloven

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
Until last week, no problem with the machine sleeping and using almost no battery in sleep state. And then within a day updated vmware to v.5, downloaded 10.8.1 and paragon ntfs.

After the updates, machine would go black as if sleeping but battery would be dead after a couple of hours, and the case was warm. Looking at the pmset setting in terminal and nothing indicated a hangup with the sleep. Nothing was being shared on the system and nothing loaded or running, and a clean boot wouldn't fix the problem.

Turned off paragon ntfs and that didn't work either, but uninstalling it did the trick. Now goes to sleep and loses almost no charge over time. And my battery life seems to be better as well. But unfortunately need the use of it with my many backup drives, so not thrilled that it didn't work. Any ideas how to get this working without the related problems?

tia,

Mark

jaziCo

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2009
SoCal (Orange County)
To be honest Im having the same exact issues, but have never installed paragon ntfs. But it has started since upgrading to 10.8.2... I still cant figure it out till now.. I have disabled powernap, im not sure if it has anything to do with it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.