Rmbp

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bekkicrocker, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Bekkicrocker macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, sorry about another rmbp post but I wanted some opinions on my specific circumstance. I am moving to the UK for a year in the beginning of August for my first year of medical school and I need a new computer. I want a 15" rmbp but I know a new model is coming out very shortly. When it comes out however, I will be in the UK and the current model bought on the UK apple store is equal to $2700 with the different pricing and currency conversion. Needless to say, if I waited and bought it when it came out over there it would be much more expensive. I could use the one I currently have (early 2008, a bit slow sometimes, screen completely cracked at the base on both sides, and battery only lasts about 45-60 min) and wait until I come back for the holidays and purchase the new one then.

Do you guys think I should wait or are the new improvements not worth the wait and I should just purchase the current one? I only really use it for email, web browsing, music, and Microsoft office stuff but I want the 15inch and retina so the air isn't an option for me.

Thanks!

2. mcnallym macrumors 6502a

For what you have listed as usage then the current rMBP would be fine.

3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Get education pricing and you'll save a bundle. 20% off in the UK & free 3-year warranty if you're studying at a higher education level.

And naturally, wait for the rMBP update before purchasing. :)