Rmbp

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bekkicrocker, Jul 26, 2013.

  1. Bekkicrocker macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2013
    #1
    Hey everyone, sorry about another rmbp post but I wanted some opinions on my specific circumstance. I am moving to the UK for a year in the beginning of August for my first year of medical school and I need a new computer. I want a 15" rmbp but I know a new model is coming out very shortly. When it comes out however, I will be in the UK and the current model bought on the UK apple store is equal to $2700 with the different pricing and currency conversion. Needless to say, if I waited and bought it when it came out over there it would be much more expensive. I could use the one I currently have (early 2008, a bit slow sometimes, screen completely cracked at the base on both sides, and battery only lasts about 45-60 min) and wait until I come back for the holidays and purchase the new one then.

    Do you guys think I should wait or are the new improvements not worth the wait and I should just purchase the current one? I only really use it for email, web browsing, music, and Microsoft office stuff but I want the 15inch and retina so the air isn't an option for me.

    Thanks!
     
  2. mcnallym macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2008
    #2
    For what you have listed as usage then the current rMBP would be fine.
     
  3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

    keysofanxiety

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2011
    #3
    Get education pricing and you'll save a bundle. 20% off in the UK & free 3-year warranty if you're studying at a higher education level.

    And naturally, wait for the rMBP update before purchasing. :)
     

Share This Page