rMBP13 Enter Key Rattle?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrgreenfirework, May 12, 2016.

1. mrgreenfirework macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've noticed that my retina MacBook Pro 13"'s enter key seems to feel not in place and makes a loud rattle-like sound when I click it. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not. I went into Apple and tested with another device but I couldn't really hear the keys even though it seemed their models didn't have it. Don't really want to have to take it back as I already have before due to a broken up arrow.

Is this the same for everyone else or is mine faulty? Here's a video on Twitter to show it in comparison to other keys. https://twitter.com/fireolts/status/730759218832265216

Keep in mind I touched the keys and didn't click them down.

Thanks,

2. mrgreenfirework thread starter macrumors newbie

3. MacInTO macrumors 6502a

MacInTO

Mine has this as well, but it seems normal to me.

It has it on keys I use the most like the space bar, tab key, delete key and command keys to name a few. I think this happens over time with use. I notice that my left command key makes less noise than the right one because I've never used the right one before. This is just my theory though. If it were true, all of the vowel keys might be looser than the other keys also. The Q key is pretty tight on my machine too. :p

Examining the keys closer, I noticed that they are hinged at the top and the travel is easier/greater towards the bottom of key. My caps lock key seems to lean. I rarely use that key.

I think what you're experiencing is normal. It's the way the keyboard is designed. The enter key on your Mac is longer in length (vs width) so might have more play than other keys.

4. mrgreenfirework thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, would it be possible to record a short video showing what your enter key sounds like when touching it?

Anyone else can confirm this is normal?

5. mrgreenfirework thread starter macrumors newbie

6. MacInTO macrumors 6502a

MacInTO

7. mrgreenfirework thread starter macrumors newbie

8. mrgreenfirework thread starter macrumors newbie