rMBPro 13 - cpu upgrade 2.4 to 2.6

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by majkom, Nov 30, 2013.

1. majkom macrumors 65816

Hi, i have ordered rmbpro 13 yesterday - made cpu upgrade from2.4 to 2.6 - will it have any observable impact on mb performance?

I did so as it was free for me thx to black friday and it made delivery faster..

2. raptor402 macrumors 6502

That depends entirely on your usage. I went for 2.6GHz because of the 100MHz jump in the GPU clock.

Regards
    Raptor

3. majkom thread starter macrumors 65816

What that jump in gpu clock means in term of your usage? Thanks

4. raptor402 macrumors 6502

Well, not much. But overall, the CPU will be a substantial jump from the 2.4GHz model. Don't regret your purchase. Congratulations!

Regards
    Raptor

5. majkom thread starter macrumors 65816

Thx:) i do not regret, just a bit curious whether that small upgrade for free will be somehow visible;) btw, what resolution u use with rmbp?

6. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It's really pretty meaningless. It barely even shows up in benchmarks, which tend to be exaggerated compared to real use. If you're concerned about power, a 2012 15" refurbished model is still far more powerful than either if you can make use of that power. This is just a splitting hairs thing, and yet people still assume it will make a difference under certain workflows. If I put them side by side, I don't know that you would be able to tell which was which without a benchmarking tool or the use of "about this mac".

7. majkom thread starter macrumors 65816

Thx;) so i got worthless upgrade;) at least it speeds up delivery;)

8. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Ah if I recall correctly it's not a huge cost difference anyway. I wouldn't feel bad about it. It's just that if you really need cpu power, the best upgrades are typically those that take you from 2 cores to 4.

9. jerrykur macrumors newbie

If only the 13 inch models came with quad core CPUs. Sigh.