rme babyface (audio interface)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by axisD, Apr 2, 2013.

1. axisD macrumors newbie

hey everyone, got my 2012 imac a few months ago and its my first experience with any Mac, so I'm still learning the ins and the outs with it.

I got an emergency babyface interface, and I plugged it into a USB port, but I don't know what to do next. it has power going to it, but I'm used to PCs where you plug in a USB device and it automatically recognizes it and starts installing drivers. I'm also used to using "device manager", but I don't really know the equivalent for that on the Mac. I checked under "utility ", but didn't see my device in there. I appreciate any help, thanks!

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Maybe this will help. http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13704

3. axisD thread starter macrumors newbie

interesting, ill have to try that out when I get home. so the device should have showed up in the utility section on the imac? I dont even know what was supposed to happen when I plugged it in.

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Something else you can try.

Does it show up in Disk Utility? Does it show as mounted in Disk Utility? There is a MOUNT button in the toolbar of Disk Utility. If it shows UNMOUNT, then it should be connected.

Have you checked Finder > Preferences > General > Show these items on the Desktop and Finder > Preferences > Sidebar > Devices?

5. axisD thread starter macrumors newbie

ok I just checked all of that, and no it wasn't showing up. I also tried resetting and unplugging everything, and it didn't show up then either. The interface came with a driver installation cd, but naturally, these new imacs dont have a disk drive, would maybe downloading the drivers from the site get it to work? I guess i'll give that a shot.

6. axisD thread starter macrumors newbie

so....anyone else here have any tips. Has anyone with an imac owned a babyface?

7. ematsuno macrumors newbie

My RME stopped working when I installed MacOS 10.11 anyone else out there have any good news instead?

8. Melodeath macrumors 6502a

If you're doing audio work, it's not a good idea to update your OS as soon as it comes out. You need to wait until all your hardware/software companies indicate their stuff is compatible with 10.11

9. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

axisD -

With the Babyface plugged in and powered on, have you opened "Audio/MIDI setup" to see if it's being "recognized" by the system? On my "music Mac", I keep Audio/MIDI setup right in the dock, for quick access to check.

Along with the link posted in reply #2 by firedept, another good forum to check out is gearslutz.com.

10. ematsuno macrumors newbie

You got that right. I had no idea it was the day of the release.
    I'm dead in the water and can't proceed with recording and it basically sucks.

Anyone know of a work around. Migrations tend to be one way, so backing out to the prior OS might not be an option. If there's an easy fix, I would be happy to hear of it.

11. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

10.11 is breaking audio devices left and right - I installed a test install on an external drive and verified Roland VG-99, Roland RC-300, Midiman Midisport 2x2, M-Audio Fast Track and Alesis I02 are all not functioning. Go back to Yosemite until they get their act together.

12. ematsuno macrumors newbie

an anyone confirm RME Babyface functionality on MacOS 10.10 (yosemite)

Also, where can I get it? It's no longer supported by Apple US