iPad mini RMini build date

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chillip, Feb 18, 2014.

1. chillip macrumors 6502

Just got my iPad mini retina after the fiasco of going through numerous ones over the past few months. I was bored so checked the serial number on the chipmunk site or whatever it's called and it shows a build week of week 42 which was October. I only got it last week. What had it been doing for the last 3 months or so? Thanks

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

It was waiting for you to buy it. If there are no problems with the device what difference does it make what week it was produced? :p

3. madrich macrumors regular

madrich

My iPad Mini was built the second week in January 2014. Although it is not. Retina it is still fabulous!

4. rrm74001 macrumors regular

rrm74001

Do you look up the serial number of everything you buy? I think you would find that most things you buy are not "fresh from the factory".

5. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

ipad minis go to the gym at least once a week in back stock to keep their processors running fresh, after some cardio, lifting, a steam and sauna, that bad boy feels just like it got out of the factory!

6. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502

Isn't it a bit bad that's it's just been sat there in a warehouse somewhere for 3 months. Would you return it?

7. THE BG 86 macrumors regular

Yes I would return a perfect ipad right away that sat on a shelf that long.

Not.

8. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502

I always thought that apple tweaked the design of the iPads over the months to get rid of bugs in the design like screen issues?

9. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

The main part that doesn't take kindly to age is the battery. But from the units I've seen, apple charges them to about 85%, reducing the wear.

10. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502

11. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

Would you rather it been on a truck or plane constantly? Do you think apple makes just enough and stores get shipments everyday? No. There needs to be stock, otherwise they would not be able to keep up with demand.