iPad mini RMini build date

chillip

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
Just got my iPad mini retina after the fiasco of going through numerous ones over the past few months. I was bored so checked the serial number on the chipmunk site or whatever it's called and it shows a build week of week 42 which was October. I only got it last week. What had it been doing for the last 3 months or so? Thanks

rrm74001

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
Just got my iPad mini retina after the fiasco of going through numerous ones over the past few months. I was bored so checked the serial number on the chipmunk site or whatever it's called and it shows a build week of week 42 which was October. I only got it last week. What had it been doing for the last 3 months or so? Thanks
Do you look up the serial number of everything you buy? I think you would find that most things you buy are not "fresh from the factory".

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
ipad minis go to the gym at least once a week in back stock to keep their processors running fresh, after some cardio, lifting, a steam and sauna, that bad boy feels just like it got out of the factory!

chillip

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
Isn't it a bit bad that's it's just been sat there in a warehouse somewhere for 3 months. Would you return it?

chillip

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
I always thought that apple tweaked the design of the iPads over the months to get rid of bugs in the design like screen issues?

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
Isn't it a bit bad that's it's just been sat there in a warehouse somewhere for 3 months. Would you return it?
Would you rather it been on a truck or plane constantly? Do you think apple makes just enough and stores get shipments everyday? No. There needs to be stock, otherwise they would not be able to keep up with demand.