iPad mini rMini running very warm!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tikatika, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

I had this issue on my iPad 3. Air runs very cool. Not complaining, just concerned.

2. bizzy045 macrumors 6502

bizzy045

Mine seems to get a bit warm after an hour or so of use. Like you, I'm also concerned. I wonder if they are all like that or just some units.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Does it warm up doing something specific? You may want to consider exchanging it depending on how warm it is getting. Let us know what you do when it gets warm and we can try to replicate it on our rMinis.

4. skiltrip macrumors 68030

rMini running very warm!

Mine definitely gets warm compared to the old mini. But I just assume it's because of the much, much faster CPU in there. Heat should be a natural side effect.

5. AppleRobert macrumors 603

In comparison I say it does get warmer. My conclusion? It is trying to heat up the color gamut.

6. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

7. Tikatika thread starter macrumors 6502

Tikatika

I was playing Simpsons:Taaped Out, Hay Day and Family Farm Seaside. And reading this forum. I had been using it only 90 minutes. That's it. For reference, heat was generated all along the right hand side when looking at the rMini in portrait mode.

I have used this rMini extensively all through the weekend without it even getting warm. This time it was hot to the touch felt through my Khomo poly case :(:(

8. Infinitewisdom macrumors 6502

To be expected. Smaller device running at higher clock speeds with a retina display and a smaller surface area (relative to Air) to dissipate heat.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Is this where the power is connected?

10. Tikatika thread starter macrumors 6502

Tikatika

No.

11. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Sorry. Got my portrait and landscape confused. :eek:

13. aj350z macrumors member

Gaming and the mini

I just got the mini retina coming from am iPad 3. When I first got the iPad 3 I noticed during gaming sessions that it got very warm to the touch near the home button on the back. That was where the graphics part of the chipset is. Now with the new mini I'm get the same warm touch in the same area (by the home button and the right of it). I'm not that worried since the iPad 3 got even worse. One thing I have done is lower the brightness while doing anything. At the time of this writing it is at about 30-40% which is fine for me. I wish it was cooler while gaming but I also don't have a case on it yet. Once I put a case on the 3 it was much easier to deal with while gaming. I would also to like to know any information from you guys as we'll.