iPad mini rMini stocks dwindling?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ZBoater, Nov 21, 2013.

1. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I've been following the online stock tracker and most stores in Florida haven't gotten rMinis (cellulars) replenishments in a few days. I also read about stores saying replacements will take "a few weeks" to arrive. Anyone else having problems finding stock? It seems that cellulars are tougher to find, probably because they made less of them? :confused:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I was surprised my order for my LTE (VZW) shipped a lot sooner then estimated but I can see stock dwindling based on the news reports that manufacturing yields were low. Shipping estimates on apple.com are still 3-5 days however.

3. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

All models available for I store pickup at local PC world, also Apple UK store still says 1-3 day shipping on the 16/32 wifi and 5-10 days on all others.

Nothing really changed AFAICT.

4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I am still waiting for ANY to show they are are available to even order at Target, let alone available to pick-up in store.

5. OzyOly macrumors 6502a

Stock? What blooming stock? I've not even seen one in any store yet where I live.

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Odd thing is online shipping times have not changed since the rMini went on sale. It would seem whatever retail stockpile Apple has is in fact being depleted & it's basically become a manufacture on consumer order product for whatever reason. This is basically how Tim Cook said it might play out BUT it doesn't seem lack of units in store has pushed people online-- at least yet. With other popular iDevices in the past delivery times were pushed back relative to increased demand.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

I've also seen stocks seem to be a little strange. Seems like wifi units are becoming more commonly in stock (16 & 32 options) and cellular units less so across the country. Yet online order times haven't changed.

I wonder to what extent Apple may be redirecting stock to 3rd party retailers who are then stockpiling inventory for Black Friday? I'd think they'd do that more with the wifi units than the cellular units though.

8. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

So glad I ordered mine as soon as they became available. It's scheduled to arrive just before Thanksgiving.

9. GBR macrumors 6502

I have watched as many other Apple stores across the country have gotten up to two shipments of LTE rMini's since launch day however my local Apple store has yet to receive a single shipment of them. I understand the issue with low production but it's really annoying that they would ship any second batches of LTE units before each Apple Store had received at least one shipment... Still hoping my store gets a shipment soon...

----------

What I don't get is everyone is talking about short supply of rMini's due to the screen, but wifi units are readily available at about any apple store and its the LTE units that are in short supply. Maybe theres also a shortage of LTE chips or something?

10. Fissure macrumors 6502

People are having really good luck at Best Buy. That's what I read here, walked into my local Best Buy, walked out with a 64gb wifi. I wanted a 32gb one but 64 was all they had. I have a feeling as Thanksgiving approaches and Christmas in general these rMini's will be harder to find.

11. Tork macrumors regular

Tork

12. Señor macrumors 6502

Señor

And just when they were released, they weren't selling enough! :D

13. ZBoater thread starter macrumors G3

ZBoater

I've noticed the AT&T models being more scarce than the others. Sprint seems the most plentiful LTE. I wonder if that's a reflection on popularity or a variance in production levels of each type?

14. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

I don't think the average joe knows the sims are swappable. Most prob think it only works on the network you buy for and hence the sprint ending up being the least desirable. AT&T has always done the best for all iOS devices.

15. shortcut3d macrumors 65816

I've wondered the same thing. Sprint also seemed to be readily available for the iPad Air whereas AT&T were not in stock. If it's production level, was it related to AT&T or Sprint and Apple agreement.

Only one of my 128GB AT&T has moved to prepared for shipment for the order placed on the 12th.