iPad mini rMini - Typical battery life?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by syrinxStarman, Dec 22, 2013.

1. syrinxStarman macrumors member

Hello all,

I upgraded to an rMini (Wifi+Verizon) from a Wifi iPad 3. I've been monitoring the usage numbers, and while I seem to be getting the on-par 10 hours (up to 14 sometimes), it seems to me the battery indicator drains faster than my old iPad 3. This could also be that since I've been taking the rMini everywhere, I keep an eye on the battery level much more often than my iPad 3 which I strictly used at home. For instance, the battery percentage dropped 3 while typing this.

The usage stats below reflect the following settings and type of usage:
    1. Background Refresh off
    2. Airplane mode with Wifi on.
    3. Little less than half brightness
    4. No push or fetch email (all manual)
    5. Limited notifications.
    6. Had these same results on 7.0.4, so I am running 7.1 beta 2 but haven't noticed a difference for better or worse.
    7. Mostly all internet browsing, using wifi and various apps (so the screen has been on the whole time--no music playing with the screen off, etc.)
    8. I've also run the battery completely down to calibrate it, but that didn't make much difference. Also, when I reboot the iPad, the battery life jumps up a couple percentage.

Am I over analyzing it? Should I take it in to the genius bar? Or is this par for the course?

[​IMG]

2. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

So, based on your screenshot, you're getting about 13.5 hours? That's terrible! I'm getting 13.6 hours on mine. You should get no less than this. Something is wrong with your iPad, return it ASAP!

P.S. What week is your rMini? And what's the 7th letter or digit of it's serail #? This would help folks not to buy from this defective batch!

3. rajpatel macrumors regular

If u return an Rmini cuz it gets 13.5 vs 13.6 hrs of battery life, u should be arrested for fraud because promised battery life is only ten hrs. And because u are a mindless OCD freak. Seriously, a tenth of an hour is SIX MINUTES, you nitwits. Honestly, u people who abuse the return policies so brutally should be banned from these stores. And get a life and stop worrying about ur stupid Rmini battery, there is a big wide world out there and it sounds like someone is a gadget freak shut in

4. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

lmao, i hope you r kidding

5. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Um, the first reply was sarcastic, I'm sure. The original post? Um, yeah, 13 hrs of battery life is pretty darn good.

I do get that or better on occasion...usually 12-14 hours of usage with 23 days standby on a full charge. The Rmini has excellent battery life.