All iPads rMini Wakes When I Pick it Up... New Feature?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FrankB1191, Dec 14, 2013.

1. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

I was using iBooks, and it wakes itself when I pick it up. I decided to let it go yo sleep while typing this post, and it woke when I picked it up. It skips the lock screen, and goes to the page I was on. :confused: Maybe the M7 does something after all. :D

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Sounds like something is wrong with your rMini. That behavior is not a normal function. Perhaps you are wearing something magnetic that is triggering the sleep/wake function that the smart cover uses as you pick it up.

3. bevsb2, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013

bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I just tested this on my rMini using my Kindle app. Mine just did the same thing. I closed the smart cover and when I opened it the screen went right to the page I was reading bypassing the lock screen. When I am reading I usually return to the home page (or library on the rMini) before closing because I use different devices to read on and this way I have the option of always going directly to the page last read, so I've never noticed this before. I hit the home button thinking I might get the lock screen back but that didn't happen so this could be a security risk. I'll have to remember to always close out of the Kindle app before closing the cover since the purpose of having the mini for me is to use away from home.

4. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

That is the beauty of the smart cover bypassing the lock screen and returning to where you left off, even in Kindle Books. If you want it to go to the lock screen each time you open the smart cover, change you passcode lock to require passcode immediately. With the Kindle app and Whispersync, all of your devices are synced to the furthest page read, so whichever device you are using at the time is synced to the furthest page read.

5. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

Thanks for the info. I just tried it on my iPads and it works. I used to have to close to home to get a different device to go the the furthest page read. I think that was just using a different Kindle though.

6. Zxxv macrumors 68040

I don't have a smart cover but locked my mini after using pages and closed to the home screen , picked it up and walked, it woke up, shut it off again from the power button and when I touched the screen by holding it to carry, again it woke up. Can't repeat so must be an intermittent bug

7. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I use the smart case on my Air and it requests the pass code everytime when I open the cover.

8. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

It does that because that's how you set it up. That isn't the default option.