RMP vs WOW

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tomasmekean, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Tomasmekean macrumors member

I purchased a RMP for Christmas. I was away for the Holidays and I finally got back on 1/2/13. I got the computer set like I wanted and decided to install WoW. I know I haven't played in a few years, but a friend had purchased MOP and needed some help. I installed the came on Sunday and played for three hours. I then played for thirty mins today and the RMP locked. You can see the screen had little pink dots all over the place. I tried to reboot and no luck. I called Apple and they had no luck. Long story short they want me to take it to the local apple store for replacement. I am wondering if I will be wasting my money if I replace the RMP. I didn't expect a 4K notebook to die b/c of less than four hours of WoW.

Attached Files:

2. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Pink dots looks like faulty video component. While I don't disagree with you that it shouldn't happen on a 4k machine, sometimes it does happen.

3. timotay89 macrumors regular

Bring it in and replace it

There's clearly something wrong with it. Bring it to the store and get a replacement.

Sometimes stuff happens. It doesn't mean it will happen to another one. You'll be in and out very quickly. That's part of the reason the notebook was so expensive, they don't have it takes weeks for you to mail it in, they'll just replace it on the spot most likely.

4. KPOM macrumors G5

Anything made on an assembly line, no matter how expensive, can be a dud. It isn't common, but it happens. Heck, Japan Air Lines has had 3 issues with Boeing's 787 in as many days. Your best bet is to try a replacement rMBP.

5. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

Played Wow for hours on end on this thing. No problems to report.

6. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

That's it. I am done with Apple. :rolleyes:
    Just take it back and get another 4K computer that won't do that (as fast)
    Lemons happen. Now if the 2nd one goes down...

7. Tomasmekean thread starter macrumors member

Well this is the reason for the post. I would like to know if anyone else has had any issues. I can share my experience and make the best decision. I am not saying that RMP are worthless. I am just trying to find out if it is worth my time and the 4K I put down. Thanks!

8. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

You'll be fine. I bet you'll be in and out of that Apple store in under 20 minutes (unless all the reps are busy when you get there.)

I'm sure that if others with a rMBP that play WoW had this happen to them, there would be lots more posts about it here.

9. Tomasmekean thread starter macrumors member

30 mins at the apple store and I have a replacement. Here is to hoping that it was just a lemon. JIC I purchased AppleCare.