rmpb 13" black screen when switching to battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lbhskier37, Jul 22, 2013.

1. lbhskier37 macrumors member

Not sure if the problem happens when switching from plugged in to battery, or if its something to do with unlocking from the lock screen. It's happened 3 times on my month old 13" rmpb. I keep the computer plugged in and turned on in my office, but 3 times when I grabbed it, unplugged, and unlocked it from the lock screen, it went black screen with just the cursor floating around. To get it to come back around, 2 of the times I had to plug it back it and shut the lid. Then when i opened it and touched the power button it came back to the lock screen. The last time it happened, I had to hard reboot to get it to come back. Anyone else seen this? This is my first mac.

Thanks

2. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

i think ive experienced this on my non retina. Woke up from sleep with charger on blank screen with only cursor sometimes no input possible at login, i simply let it go back to sleep or shut lid and open and its fine. I guess i have had this twice with my 15" retina. Maybe since its trying to read the saved memory it does that.