rMPB 15 Keyboard Layout feels off

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jms999, Sep 10, 2014.

1. jms999 macrumors newbie

So I just got my 15 inch rMPB and first the screen size is MASSIVE! Might actually be too much for me. I am coming from a 15 inch PC laptop but this one seems bigger than that.

I have been using computers for a long time and havent had this issue before. For whatever reason with this rMPB I am having a very hard time typing. It seems like I am 1 letter/key off from where I should be every time! It is extremely frustrating!

Did Apple do something with the layout off this laptop?

Also is the 13 inch rMPB the same exact way?

My USB mouse also seems to move slow on the screen.

Anyone else have this issue?

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

You'll get used to the keyboard layout. All Macs have the exact same keyboard layout, except for the wired USB keyboard (the cmd, opt and ctrl keys are larger and different).

As for your mouse, go to System Preferences -> Mouse and adjust the tracking speed.

3. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

Be happy it's not one of those bi-lingual keyboards some laptops come with in Canada.

They are TERRIBLE. All the keys are moved inwards and it is death to type on.

4. Warhawk15 macrumors regular

Warhawk15

I've had the 13" mba(2011) and mbp(2012), a 15" mbp(2012), and I just got my new retina 15" mbp(2013) today.

They are all the same size as far as I can remember, though I remember the keys being softer or something on the mba.

I've never had a problem typing.
    I type a lot at work on a desktop keyboard for Windows then come home to this, which I enjoy much better.