Road trip journal & mapping application?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by robgendreau, Feb 23, 2015.

1. robgendreau macrumors 68030

I'm looking for an application where one could show on a map where one traveled, with the ability to add photos, text entire, and other info.

Obviously having an associated app would be nice, and web sharing.

I've seen some planners, which are OK for planning. And some are way too heavy on the ads. And something that is more tailored to outdoor activities and camping would be great.

2. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

My weapon of choice is Gaia GPS. You need to pre download maps before you head out but it tracks your path, and allows adding of waypoints and trip photos. Sharing is through their website.

GPS use really kills battery life so consider a battery pack for full day trips and longer. My iPhone 5 can barely last 8 hours with GPS tracking. Add screen use and taking photos and it will not end well.

3. robgendreau thread starter macrumors 68030

I love GaiaGPS and have been using it since it came out, but I need something that I can use for trips where we just wanna draw a line over the roads ourselves, like highlighting a paper map. We're talking thousands of miles all over the west.