Road trip Miami to Orlando on T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chestvrg, Jun 7, 2013.

1. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

I have a question, I plan to go on vacation with my family and spend some 5 days in Orlando, but I now have tmobile iPhone 5 and want to know how is the 3G signal through out the turnpike expressway that links both places?

Those of you who have taken the trip recently, can you tell me if I'll be driving on Edge for 3 1/2hrs or is there a consistent 3G signal along the freeway?

Thanks.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

a check of the coverage map shows 3G/4G service all the way. why dont you use the map to go over your exact route, zoomed in, to get the best info. since you didnt tell us youre route, theres no way for us to help you.

http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/pcc.aspx/

3. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Check www.sensorly.com for T-Mobile 3G and LTE coverage. Search Orlando zip codes.

4. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Yes my route is the Florida's turnpike from Miami all the way about 168 miles. The first 70 miles the FL turnpike runs parallel with the I-95 and then detours N-N/W until it approaches Kissimmee.

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

what does the map show you when you follow that route?

6. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

chestvrg

It shows as covered, but so did other areas in the past and in reality there was only edge. I know t-mobile has been improving their network footprint so I'll keep checking.

7. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

ive found over the years, that main town/cities and highways have always had solid coverage. if you were gonna be on side roads, different story. i would think you should be all set.

8. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

chestvrg

9. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

In the bottom level 1 of Orlando airport

Attached Files:

10. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Wow that is fast, I hope all the turnpike corridor will have a steady 3G/HSPA+ signal.