RoboForm Equivalent for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Illegit, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Illegit macrumors newbie

I just transferred from PC to Mac. On my PC, I kept all my passwords and personal info in RoboForm. I would like a similar program on Mac that I can use to keep track of all my passwords. It has to be able to import my Roboform data into it and it also has to be compatible with Firefox. Any suggestions? It would be great if there was a mobile version which let me put my passwords on a flash drive but it is not imperative.

Thanks.

2. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

yes - there is an application called "1password" that does almost exactly what roboform does for a windows machine.

3. m.buon macrumors newbie

roboform vs. 1password

this is not true. 1password is far from being an alternative to Roboform.

4. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

No, having used both I consider 1Password to be far superior.

Not only that, but 1Password for Windows is in beta now and preparing for release soon. It's the reason I no longer use Roboform in Windows.

1Password will import your Roboform data and they have a mobile app as well. They also have Dropbox integration now which is really useful for syncing passwords across multiple machines and platforms.

I highly recommend it.

5. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Really? I used RoboForm for years to fill forms and now I use 1Password to auto-fill any of a hundred logins (or credit cards, identities, etc.).

How is it NOT an alternative?

6. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I used RoboForm too and don't find 1Password to work as well. Having said that, 1Password works well enough, and I don't know of anything else on the Mac that comes close to what RoboForm does in Windows.

7. Asyd Rayn macrumors newbie

So totally agree with you RedWarrior. I used Roboform for years on my winbox and while adequate, 1password still has some catching up to do. For one thing it takes to many steps to fill/autofill and submit, it doesn't always save login data for use on all websites -- I've had to send many pages to 1password for support asking them to fix sites that work with roboform (1password support is AWESOME). On a more subjective level Roboform operates in the background you go to a page, it fills the data and submits, only rarely does it need intervention from me or do I even know it's there.

8. sandimacd macrumors regular

sandimacd

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I am thrilled with the new Roboform desktop app. A true MAC OS. I was a Robo user from 2004 to 3008, moved to MACs and tried 1P. Totally frustrated and dropped it. Used Keychain, what a bear! Tried Robo online in 2009 and beta Safari in 2010. Then on Feb 7, 2011 a true Robo DMG file! Hooray. We have a choice again! I am loving my Robo!!

9. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

-You can fill and submit. Find the setting in preferences to enable it.
    -For a site that doesn't autosave for you, you can simply select "Save Login" from the 1P pulldown in Safari before you hit the submit button for the first time.

One thing I have experienced with Roboform is that it is remarkably intolerant of domains and subdomains and subpages. Save something in a subdomain several layers deep and Roboform will not recognize the parent site.

10. sandimacd macrumors regular

sandimacd

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hmmm, haven't had any trouble with sub domains so can't address that. Robo will save a different log in for pages 1,2,3 etc on a site. I love the authentication feature that 1P didn't have when I used it. 1P support told me it was a philosophical difference and that is why it generated complex PW. That may have changed. It was my main reason for uninstalling 1P.