Robots racing camels... really?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bdodds1985, Feb 22, 2012.

1. bdodds1985 macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

no joke, I saw this on flikr and just had to share it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Camel jockeys were replaced by mechanical robots since 2005 due to international pressure because camel owners were found to be involved in human trafficking, buying children from countries like Pakistan and India for their smaller frame and lighter weight to ride on the camels. Since the ban on human jockeys, owners have continued to race their camels, controlling the whip with their remotes as they follow the race trackside in their jeeps. - Yahoo! News

I have seen a lot of dumb stuff to come out of these countries but this one tops it all. I'll keep the political comments to myself.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's dumb to replace trafficked humans with robots?

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Well of course you should keep political comments to yourself. This has nothing to do with politics.

If this was their solution to reduce human trafficking, then I'm all for it. This seems like a good way to reduce demand for small children.

4. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

This is what happens when people don't drink.

5. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

:D but I think rodeos are pretty dumb and there's a lot of drinking in those fuxers.

If it's reducing human trafficking then I welcome our camel racing robot overlords.

6. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    How can you not love this!

The operators (sharks with breathing aparatus) drive alongside the track in SUVs with remote controls...

All we need now are robot camels and maybe lazers.

Some fireworks and a rainbow..

7. bdodds1985 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

humanitarian. if you have ever been to any of these countries then you would know maybe they should focus elsewhere besides camel racing and gambling for the rich here when just down the street the people who make these robots live in a tent with 10 kids drinking brown water. so now instead of kids riding them they have kids make these robots.