Roccat 7.4 is out!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by SecretSquirrel, Jul 6, 2017.

1. SecretSquirrel macrumors member

Just to let everyone know that the Roccat browser has just been updated to 7.4 so download it, use it and be sure to leave the Runecats team some love on their website feedback as they keep our PPC browser updated and current.

2. MysticCow macrumors 6502a

MysticCow

Isn't Roccat the one we have to use "Relink Against Leopard Webkit"? There's nothing wrong with the browser otherwise, but I think this one is THE one, isn't it?

3. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

Does anyone have instructions on how to properly setup Roccat? I'd like to give it a spin, but I don't know how to "relink" it.

I'm also not entirely sure on how to properly setup LWK either, as the last time i tried to set it up properly, i ended up breaking Installer, Software Update, and several other things.

4. wicknix macrumors regular

wicknix

I use Roccat in its default state mainly because once linked to leopard webkit html5 videos start to stutter for me. If i don't link it, videos stream fine. However i linked safari against leopard webkit just for the security updates and updated certificates. You can also run LWK as a stand alone web browser without relinking and it will use safaris UI (just in case you feel uneasy about relinking).

To link roccat, safari, stainless, mail, etc with leopard webkit just drag and drop any webkit based app (safari/roccat etc) to the applescript relink droplet thats included in the LWK dmg and wait. It will create a new linked app with LWK added to the file name. This allows you to use either the default app, or the new updated/relinked app.

Cheers.

5. AmazingHenry macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

Look in the LWK dmg. There's an item in there called "Relink against Leopard-WebKit" or something alone those lines. Don't open it; instead open another window with your applications folder. Now drag Roccat on to the Relink script. Let it do its thing for a minute and when it's done you should have an item in your Applicatios folder called "Roccat LWK". This is the browser with the updated LWK frameworks; renders pages like WebKit, but with the UI of Roccat. Hope this helps. :)