Rock App doesn't completely uninstall

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by darngooddesign, Nov 22, 2009.

1. darngooddesign macrumors G3

So I accidentally updated SNES without reading the changelog and ended up with Rock App on my phone, which I do not want. So I hit uninstall thinking everything is fine, but today I'm browsing my filesystem and have found all manner of RYP traces left over.

Seriously guys, how about you write a decent uninstaller.

2. rmul86 macrumors 6502

Anyone have any solutions to completely uninstall rock?

3. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I'd like to know the exact same thing. Any help?

4. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

5. jcapz macrumors member

6. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Well than it does.
    Sorry, the rock extensions just dont uninstall right. Its kinda a nasty program

7. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

This is one of the many reasons I hate Rock. I made the mistake of installing it once. Never again. I went through the phone and found leftover files and rockextension dylibs everywhere. You're only seeing 1/10th of what's leftover.

Sadly your only options are to scour the phone and find every file (daunting) or restore to a backup made before you installed Rock.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, I remember I had the same prob before on 3.x
    Couldn't get rid of it without a restore.

9. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Does it have to be a total restore?

10. rmul86 macrumors 6502

it's these files that i believe are causing my five-column springboard to never work again...how do you identify these rockextension files because I'm willing to do it...it's either that or a total resore...

11. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

There's no sure way. I was going through all the directories and looking for files with recognisable names or function names that look familiar. Realistically that would take ages. A restore to a backup before you installed Rock would be much easier

12. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

It sure would be nice if someone had a list of every file left on the iPhone after a Rock install/uninstall. Make it a sticky and then we could go to SSH and have an easier time getting rid of the left overs. More people should complain or boycott Rock until they make a complete uninstall possible. I think they're afraid people will uninstall and then re-install for their 10 day trials. If someone wants to rip them off, there are plenty of cracked Rock apps available. But if you do want to try an app and don't want it or Rock you should be able to completely remove it.