Rock App doesn't completely uninstall

darngooddesign

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
So I accidentally updated SNES without reading the changelog and ended up with Rock App on my phone, which I do not want. So I hit uninstall thinking everything is fine, but today I'm browsing my filesystem and have found all manner of RYP traces left over.

Seriously guys, how about you write a decent uninstaller.

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
This is one of the many reasons I hate Rock. I made the mistake of installing it once. Never again. I went through the phone and found leftover files and rockextension dylibs everywhere. You're only seeing 1/10th of what's leftover.

Sadly your only options are to scour the phone and find every file (daunting) or restore to a backup made before you installed Rock.

Comment

rmul86

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Boston, MA
This is one of the many reasons I hate Rock. I made the mistake of installing it once. Never again. I went through the phone and found leftover files and rockextension dylibs everywhere. You're only seeing 1/10th of what's leftover.

Sadly your only options are to scour the phone and find every file (daunting) or restore to a backup made before you installed Rock.
it's these files that i believe are causing my five-column springboard to never work again...how do you identify these rockextension files because I'm willing to do it...it's either that or a total resore...

Comment

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
it's these files that i believe are causing my five-column springboard to never work again...how do you identify these rockextension files because I'm willing to do it...it's either that or a total resore...
There's no sure way. I was going through all the directories and looking for files with recognisable names or function names that look familiar. Realistically that would take ages. A restore to a backup before you installed Rock would be much easier

Comment

Cinemagic

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2007
It sure would be nice if someone had a list of every file left on the iPhone after a Rock install/uninstall. Make it a sticky and then we could go to SSH and have an easier time getting rid of the left overs. More people should complain or boycott Rock until they make a complete uninstall possible. I think they're afraid people will uninstall and then re-install for their 10 day trials. If someone wants to rip them off, there are plenty of cracked Rock apps available. But if you do want to try an app and don't want it or Rock you should be able to completely remove it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.