Rock Band 2 for ps3 or Xbox360?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by joshua_msu, Nov 18, 2008.

1. joshua_msu macrumors regular

joshua_msu

I am planning on purchasing this game soon. I have both systems. Fanboys aside, is there any objective evidence to get it for one system or the other? The reviews online dont really compare the game between the two platforms, so are they equal? Thanks.

2. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

I own both systems (all 3 actually), so I feel I can give a fairly unbiased opinion. You need to ask yourself the following questions:

- Will I be playing mostly locally by myself or with family/friends who come over to the house or will I play mostly online via co-op?

- Do I care about more gamerscore points?

- What do my online/offline friends have?

That being said, I've opted for the 360 version of both RB1 and RB2. Xbox Live is so much more fleshed out than Sony's service (get HOME up and running soon already!), and even though 99% of my playing is at home alone or with my wife/kids, I like the option of just jumping in no problems. Almost all the people on my friends list on XBL have RB1 or 2 so that helps as well. I don't care so much about my gamerscore per se, but all else being equal, it is a nice perk.

3. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I would agree go for the 360 version simply because of the improved online service.

4. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

The ps3 version comes with wireless instruments but I heard that the instruments lag really bad if you play in surround sound (I think). The 360 version is wired but doesnt lag.

5. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

True for RB1 about the instruments, but RB2 both have wireless instruments. There's no instrument lag, unless your TV isn't calibrated properly, or if there is a problem with your wireless instruments.

In my experience, both the PS3 and 360 versions are identical, even online. Yes Live is better, but I haven't had any problems with either.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^This....I have RB1 for the PS3 and online play is smooth as butter. I would suggest you go with the ones your friends are playing because you won't miss a thing either way.

Bless

7. joshua_msu thread starter macrumors regular

joshua_msu

Got the 360 version. I was wondering. How do you make the songs that you gain access to during your mode available for quick play? Or is this not possible? Thus making you beat the songs available in quick play to gain access to more in that mode? Thanks.

8. evan g macrumors regular

I'm not sure what all this XBL > PSN stuff is about. Then contrast between the two has faded to a pretty even gray.

And in my opinion, either should be fine, and when in dought, BUY EM BOTH! :p